Thursday, October 2, 2008

My inner babysitter

Do you ever read Cranky Fitness? My blog roll on the side? Today there was a really funny post about the three year old inside each of us that tells us that we want a treat, and we must feed our little self to make us feel better! Would you give your three year old little boy a cookie every time he went to the pantry and asked for it? No! You'd simply say No. "why mom?" "Well, because I said so". Yes, yes I think I need a babysitter for my inner 3 year old candy craving child inside of me.

I think this little analogy is going to help me. Last night I felt lousy, tired, muscles were tired from a really hard TBC class at Gold's, and I had the motherhood blues. I was pretty much just tired with all my responsibilities. So I decided to snack, just a little. (of course it's the night my husband is gone. I can't let him seeing me eat like this) After all the kids were down in bed, I downed 4 oreos, a package of fruit snacks, and a handful of marshmellows. Oh, and a small bag of M&M's. Did I feel better? For the moment, yes. :) A few moments later? No, absolutely not.

I did kick myself into gear this morning and went for a 30 minute jog so that I wouldn't fall off the horse just because I ate crappy. I'm glad I did because today is a new day and I already feel much better about myself.

1 comments:

adrienne said...

I think the biggest help for me getting my sugar under better control is my goals of not buying any treats just to bring home and not making any treats unless I have a reason for them. (ie: family get together, ward function, etc.) I haven't been perfect at this, but I feel like I'm am doing so much better than a few months ago. Thanks for always keeping me motivated to eat better!