Saturday, June 28, 2008

Confessions of a Sugar Addict

The truth about me and sugar -- we are old time friends. When I haven't had something sweet, I start eating anything, things I don't even like -- like fruit snacks, fruit cereal bars, donuts, most cakes, sugary frosting, etc. When I eat my favorite hot fudge chocolate sunday, that is enjoyable, it's worth it. But when I eat a two day old Krispy Kreme glazed donut, I just hate myself. But when you are home with kids, stressed, bored, etc. it is very easy to just continually, unconsciously put things in your mouth.

Yesterday, I kept walking past Katelin's 3 day old birthday cake; finally, I decided to get it out of the house so I wouldn't be looking at it. In the process, I have to admit -- I took a lick of frosting. And then Trevor talked me into putting the cake on a plate and taking it to our neighbors (cause I'm sure they are trying to get fat on cake) so now it is on a paper plate, still staring at me.

On the bright side, Trevor said he might join me on the sugar fast, or at least support me. We'll see.

1 comments:

Amy K said...

Love your confessions. They echo mine as well. Someday I will be content having a desert here and there and not eat all my kids fruit snacks while they're napping. I'm proud of you for not eating the cake! That's so hard when it's sitting right there. Good job!