Thursday, July 3, 2008

Easier Day

Last night I finally went grocery shopping for the first time since being sugar free. I bought a ton of fruit and looked for lots of healthier options. Trying to find sugar free cereal was interesting. There aren't too many choices. I wanted to buy some yogurt, and my sister, Adrienne told me to check the labels since yogurt contains a lot of sugar. I hadn't realized how much! I ended up buying light yogurt that had 1/2 the sugar of the regular stuff. It was much easier today having a full pantry and having more options. I ended up making a smoothie this morning with plain fat free yogurt, orange juice (does that break the rules?), and frozen fruit. I guess I had never tried plain yogurt before because my smoothie ended up really tart. So I had to add a couple of tablespoons of honey. My recipe made quite a bit, so I put the leftover in the fridge and any time I got a craving today, I just drank some of my smoothie. It worked out great!

1 comments:

Kellie said...

Way to go!! Good grocery shopping makes a big difference. I am pretty sure that you get to make your own rules on what you will and will not eat. I haven't gone to light yogurt or totally sugar free cereal. With cereal, I shoot for something with less than 10g of sugar or something with lots of fiber, but there are some sugar free cereals out there.