Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Keep Going

I am in the middle of Day 3 of being sugar free and I am finding out that I really crave the sweet stuff right after I eat. A couple of times, I would pop a stick of sugar free gum in my mouth and that seemed to get rid of the cravings. Last night I brushed my teeth right after dinner and that helped, too. But this has been the first day of me thinking, "What in the world am I doing?" Not that we really have anything sweet around. We tried to get rid of any sweets we had to reduce slipping up. But I have had that thought a couple of times and have to keep telling myself that this is more than just about eating sugar. I am trying to get my self control back. I don't want to be dependant on sugar any more to help me feel better when I am stressed. I am so glad to have others who are watching my progress to help me keep going!

4 comments:

Palmers said...

Thanks for the tips Shannan! I too am hoping that this will be more than just not eating sugar. I need to learn how to just have more self control. It's not unlike me to do it (or be capable of) eating a whole bag of M&M's or most of a bag of cookies. I think I must have a never ending stomach when it comes to sweets. I have a hard time stopping. It's good to know that I'm not alone. Good luck, and keep going!

adrienne said...

You can do it, Shannan! It will get easier the farther along you go and I have been feeling pretty empowered the last couple of days and I think that more than makes up for how hard it is. I'm so glad to have a support system of others as I'm going through this. I know it has helped me stick to my goal!

This Idaho Girl said...

Yeah for you! 2 days, wow! I'm starting Saturday.

Kellie said...

It is nice to know that you CAN resist the sugar and that you are capable of it... I'm just in such a habit to put anything sweet in my mouth; it's nice to be conscious of what I am eating and think about it.