Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Good Day?

Today was actually a very good day as far as not eating sugar went, although not a very good day in almost every other way. I haven't been feeling good, so I wasn't really craved sugar all day. That being the case, I was still glad that I didn't have any available and that I was resolved to not make any treats because with kids waking up early, naps being messed up, butting heads with my toddler all day, and my husband being late getting home from work, I would normally be eating sweets whether or not I was craving them to "help" me make it through a stressful and trying day. It felt nice to break that cycle since I think the sugar actually makes me less patient and more tired.

3 comments:

Amy K said...

Adrienne, those are the days that are hardest for me too to not eat healthy. I dont' know why I think that eating will relieve the stress, but I do, and I really doesn't. I had one of those days yesterday too. At the end of the night, I made some sugar free pudding, and didn't even like it. I'm glad you were able to eat right, and you've inspired me too!

Kellie said...

Those days sound pretty familiar (especially the butting heads with your toddler part)... Why do we reach for treats to make us feel better? It rarely does. I need to replace that quick easy habit with something that will really help the situation -- deep breathing, checking the blog, a few minutes of reading or something, but it is soooo hard.

Shelly said...

Okay Adrienne I think I am going to play along with you guys and your sugar detox...can I say I hope the first day is the hardest because I keep reaching for the treats...its 7pm and I've survived so far...pathetic isn't it?!?