Sunday, July 13, 2008

Halfway There!

I crossed the halfway mark on Friday. This has been such a good and hard thing for me. (I guess a lot of good things are hard!) Jeff and I decided to actually go 28 days a few days in, otherwise we would have less than a week left. Sometimes I feel great about how I am doing and other times I wonder why I am doing this and just want to go back to eating sugar all the time. It's funny to me how my feelings about this sugar detox are like a roller coaster throughout the day. One minute I feel great and part of me never wants to eat sugar again and then an hour later I want to eat a dozen of Jeff's chocolate chip cookies right that second. I've been thinking a lot about my eating and how sugar affects me. I've also been looking into healthier eating in general. Jeff and I have checked out some books on healthy eating and I am trying to find some good recipes for healthy meals and snacks. Back in May, Jeff and I did a sugar fast (same thing as now, only 2 weeks) and we took some "before" pictures and measurements. In between that sugar fast and our sugar detox I wasn't eating as much sugar as usual, which I think has made the sugar detox easier than I was anticipating. I have lost 13 lbs. since May and have lost a couple of inches on my waist and hips. I had to buy myself a new pair of shorts because my pants were falling off of me. Now I'm working on adding exercise into the mix to hopefully help tone my body and give me the energy I need to keep up with my little ones. Like this whole experience in general, I have mixed feelings about getting to the end of the sugar detox. I'm nervous about how well I will be able to control my sugar intake. I just keep reminding myself that I will probably have times when I don't do so great, but I will just need to keep trying and maybe go back on a sugar detox if that's what it takes. I'm really hopeful that I am going to make this a lifestyle change and not go back to my sugar eating ways.

2 comments:

Shannan said...

You are so awesome! It sounds like this is really working great for you. I think having the great results you are having helps with the after the detox picture. Keep it up! I can't wait to hear about your final results!

Kellie said...

Losing some inches has to be motivating and rewarding. Way to go!! I think you'll find that once you start exercising, the sugar cravings will decrease a lot. Keep it up!!